CALL US NOW ON 0121 356 4556
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Facebook

J.M. Wilson Solicitors has excelled in providing expert legal assistance since 1991. Highly professional staff are friendly and offering expertise in:
• Property  • Immigration, Asylum & Human Rights  • Criminal & Civil Litigation  • Wills and Probate  • Public Law  • Family Law
Buying & Selling Property
Immigration & Asylum
  • Human Rights
  • Criminal & Civil Litigation
  • Wills and Probate
  • Public Law
  • Specialist Family Law
    2 Easy Steps To Find
    The Right Solictor
    • Call 0121 356 4556 or fill in the form
    • Your chosen specialist solicitor calls you
    Quick Enquiry Form
    Captcha plugin for Joomla from Outsource Online

    Could your child be entitled to register as a British citizen?

    A decision of the High Court given on 14th June could have massive implications for parents with children who have no passport, as they could now be entitled to register as British Citizens under the British Nationality Act 1981.

    A recent case of the Administrative Court  dealt with an Indian child born in the UK to parents who were overstayers in the UK. The child made an application for registration as a British Citizen on the basis she was stateless. The application was refused but the Court disagreed with the Home Office and confirmed the child was indeed stateless.

    If you are a citizen of India and have had a child in the UK after 3rd December 2004 and the child has never had an Indian passport then they could register as British Citizens.

    This may apply to other nationalities and we would ask that you contact us to establish whether or not you could make an application for your child.

    Contact Sanjeev Sharma on 0121 356 4556 or 07711701342; email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it